Windows 10 Kb4056892 Update Fix For Emergency Security [Quick Solutions]
Quite recently, Microsoft released update KB4056892 for Windows 10, hoping to eliminate vulnerabilities to things like Meltdown and Specter.
Nevertheless, in Redmond, where the headquarters of Microsoft itself is located.
They have already confirmed that the update itself is not without sin, as it may cause some problems.
To be more specific, technical staff found that it could cause as many as three problems for owners of Windows 10.
However, from recent user reports, it became clear that updating KB4056892 could bring much more problems than Microsoft had originally intended.
So the question is: do you install update KB4056892 knowing that it can potentially bring problems to your computer or not, but you will be left unprotected against Meltdown and Specter?
If you still have not installed the latest updates for the Windows 10 operating system.
Then continue to read this article to learn about all the problems that have become known from the messages of affected users.
However, if you have already installed this update, and also encountered some problems after that, then know that you are far from alone in the list of victims.
The content of the article
Problems After / When Installing KB4056892
- Update KB4056892 is not installed
- Update KB4056892 disables browsers
- After installing the update KB4056892, certain applications stopped running
- Due to KB4056892 update, Windows 10 system completely freezes.
- Update KB4056892 blocks the list of applications in the Start menu
Problems After / When Installing KB4056892
1.Update KB4056892 is not installed
Many users have notified that they cannot install the update.
Because the installation process of KB4056892 simply hangs, ends with an error 0x800f0845, or the system suddenly deletes the update for some reason.
Agree, do not want to leave your PC without such a critical update. If you encounter these problems, you can try the following:
- Apply Windows Update troubleshooter. It is recommended to use both the system tool and the downloadable one, which you can find on the official Microsoft website or download it from this link.
- Make sure that your Internet connection is in a stable condition, and nothing prevents downloading the update with the number KB4056892.
- Perform a full scan of the operating system using any anti-virus software that is available to you.
- Try temporarily disabling your antivirus software and firewall during installation of the KB4056892 update.
- Using system utilities or using third-party software, check your disk for errors and bad sectors.
- The obvious tip: make sure you have enough free memory on your system to install update KB4056892.
- Try installing the KB4056892 update manually using the Microsoft Update Catalog.
- Try to restore the system files using the SFC utility launched via the Command Line ( sfc / scannow ).
2. Update KB4056892 disables browsers
Some users claim that after the latest version of Windows 10 under version 1709, all browsers can fail.
To be more precise, your browser window will turn completely white, hang for a few seconds, and then the browser will fly to the desktop.
To try to overcome this problem, try the following:
- Update the browser with which you have the above problems.
- Update the flash plugin if you have not done this for a long time.
- Try to disable all extensions ( if you can access the Settings ).
- Disable the hardware acceleration option ( if you can access the Settings ).
- Update the drivers for your video card, and then try to start the browser again.
- Clear the cache and cookies for your browser ( if you can access the Settings ).
3. After installing the update KB4056892, certain applications stopped running
Windows 10 users indicate that after installing the KB4056892 update, certain applications may stop working for you.
for example, SlimWare DriverUpdate, ASUS AI Suite 3, EPLAN and so on. Unfortunately, we have no solution to this problem.
However, we can advise you on some actions if you are using AI Suite 3: first, remove the version of the program that you currently have installed.
Then download the latest version from Asus and install it on behalf of the Administrator (important!), then restart your computer. Once you do this, AI Suite 3 will work as it should.
4. Due to KB4056892 update, Windows 10 system completely freezes
According to other users’ statements, the update KB4056892 can even make an incapable “piece of code” out of your system, i.e., it just completely freezes.
When some users tried to reboot their machines, the Windows logo appeared when the system was booted, after which the process completely stopped.
Unfortunately, there is little that can be advised in this situation.
However, after three reboots, you will be able to access the Windows 10 Operating System Recovery Environment, which will contain all the necessary tools to solve the problem.
We recommend that you try to use a recovery point or, in extreme cases, return the computer to its original state, which, in essence, is a reboot of Windows 10.
5. Update KB4056892 blocks the list of applications in the Start menu
The last problem related to installing the KB4056892 update is blocking the list of applications in the Start menu.
It’s funny that you can access operating system settings, such as personalization, etc.
Unfortunately, at the moment there is no solution to this problem.
We recommend that you simply get rid of the KB4056892 update, and then install it again when Microsoft solves the problem with it.
Click Here: How to Fix Windows Error 0xc00000e9