Together with the Windows 10 operating system, many applications are installed on the user’s computer. And while standard programs can be simply removed, there are many problems with software such as Skype for Business.
Therefore, the actual question is how to remove Skype for a business running on Windows 10 in completely different ways.
How to remove the home version of Skype from Windows 10?
Before you give instructions on how to remove Skype in Windows 10, it is worth revealing some features of this program. Skype is divided into two versions:
- Standard, which can be downloaded from the official website of the developer and simple enough to remove.
- For a business that is installed with Office 365 and uninstalled only with the application package.
Based on this, Skype for Business can be removed only by disabling the software itself, but not removing it, or uninstalling Word, Excel, Power Point, and other office applications.
Consider the example of removing the standard version of Skype with Windows 10.
- Click “Win + R” and enter “PowerShell.”
- The console starts. Copy this command: “Get-AppxPackage * skypeapp” and paste it using “Ctrl + V”. Detailed information will appear. You need to copy the “PackageFullName” parameter. This will be the full name of the installation file.
- Now we manually enter “Remove-AppxPackage –package,” put a space and paste the copied data.
After you have completely removed the custom version of Skype from your PC, you should reboot the system.
How to remove Skype for Business from PC?
The standard way to remove Skype from a Windows 10 computer is as follows:
- Open the program and click on the gear icon. A menu will appear. Select “Tools”, “Settings”.
- A new window will open. In the menu on the left, select the “Personal” section and put two marks “Automatically launch the application when you log into Windows” and “Open the application on top of other windows.” After click “OK.”
- Then again click on the gear icon and select “File,” “Exit.”
After completing these steps, a pre-release version of Skype for Business will not load with the system and be displayed. However, it will not be completely removed.
How to completely remove Skype for Business
You can completely remove Skype for Business from Windows 10 if the program is a standalone version and not integrated into Office 365.
You can verify this in the following way:
- Click “Start”, “Control Panel”, “Programs and Features.”
- A list of installed software opens. If it has Skype for Business, the program is offline, and you can click on the “Delete” button.
- If there is no program in the list, you will have to remove the full software package, and then reinstall it, first unchecking Skype for Business.
Therefore, if you are interested in how to remove Skype for business purposes, you should decide in advance whether you need Office 365? If the program is important, then simply disable Skype from autoload and do not use it.
Specializing In Error Codes & Problem Solving