If Cortana bothers you, you should know that you have the option to deactivate it.
The Windows 10 assistant can disappear permanently from the map.
Hi friends. We continue to explore unknown processes that we can see in Windows 10.
Today we have a guest – SearchUI.exe, find out what it is and how you can disable or delete it.
As you may have understood, this is a system process, and if it is, then it is so necessary.
He takes part in the search, that is, the input field at the bottom near the Start. There are simply no standard settings for disabling SearchUI.exe.
It is also known that if you even try to delete this file, firstly, it can calmly recover from you then in automatic mode, and secondly, the search in Windows can stop working. So think about removing SearchUI.exe.
Honestly, I thought so, you can first finish SearchUI.exe in the manager, and then delete it in the folder where it is located.
Well, I tried it. Of course, I did not succeed, because this is a system folder and ordinary users do not have the rights to do so.
So now a little more. The SearchUI.exe process is responsible for the following search panel (and most likely the general search in the system also depends on it):
If you use Windows 10, you will know that the virtual assistant Cortana is included as standard in the operating system.
But you may not even know it is. Or that bothers you, and you do not want to use it in any way.
Well, you should know that there is the possibility of deactivating Cortana completely in Windows 10. And definitely forget about him.
How to disable Cortana searchui.exe in Windows 10
As we have indicated, the personal assistant Cortana is activated by default in Windows 10. The basic deactivation is very simple. Although if you do not know how to do it, here are the instructions:
- Open Cortana. You can do it from the task bar at the bottom or by searching for the application, after pressing the Start menu button.
- Next, click on the Configuration option (the gear icon).
- Deactivate the box Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts, and so on.
If you only want to remove Cortana from the taskbar, you can also do the following:
- Another option can happen, simply, by deactivating Cortana from the taskbar. And get it to disappear. Click with the right mouse button on the Cortana icon.
- Choose Cortana and select the Hidden option. You will see that the icon disappears and you have more room to store other applications that also interest you.
How to deactivate Cortana searchui.exe completely
But disabling Cortana completely from Windows 10 is not that easy. Many users may be comfortable with the first option to disable the assistant momentarily.
However, those who are concerned about privacy (and have doubts about the type of information Cortana might be storing about them) or do not want to carry such a heavy program, will always have the option to deactivate it completely.
Keep in mind that the searches we do (whether through text or voice instructions) are always sent to Microsoft.
The goal is to provide Redmond with more information to be more accurate in his predictions and actions.
In addition, for many users, this program may be occupying a precious space that they could be used for other more useful tools.
But eye. We would never recommend carrying out this action if we do not have technical knowledge. Any error can ruin the proper functioning of the operating system. However, as long as you do it at your own risk, to deactivate Cortana completely you have to do the following:
- First, click on the start button and type “regedit.” When you’re in, open this subfolder HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Policies \ Microsoft \ Windows \ WcmSvc
- If you see that this folder is not there, you will have to add it yourself. Click on the right mouse button and choose New, select Password and name it WindowsSearch.
- The next thing you will have to do is press again (having selected the WindowsSearch folder) and select New. In this case, also, you will also have to click on the DWORD option (32 bits). Put this name: AllowCortana. The value must always be 0.
- Finally, you only have to restart the computer. Cortana will be permanently disabled.
In principle, when you have eliminated Cortana, all the information that the assistant has collected from us to provide us with your service will have been fulminated.
Specializing In Error Codes & Problem Solving