The hxtsr.exe file stands for Hidden Executable to Sync Remote Servers. This exe file is already on your pc or laptop when you buy it. HxTsr.exe file is component software of Microsoft office 2013.
It is a compressed Microsoft executable file called Microsoft Outlook Communications.
It is used to establish and maintain the connection between the Outlook from the windows store on the user’s computer and Microsoft’s outlook. HxTsr is a part of outlook apps as it resides in a hidden WindowsApps subfolder of “C:\Program Files”.
Antivirus programs except windows defender often identify the file as a virus as there seem to be a virus which exists under the same name which makes location a critical way to distinguish it.
There are several solutions available out there to fix this hxtsr.exe error, many tools are also available which claims to fix it but the best one is that which is solved by troubleshooting or using different tips as it is more controlled and secure which doesn’t allows a third party application to involve.
We are going to discuss custom solutions which are provided by different people who discovered them and solved the problem.
Application Error hxtsr.exe
HxTsr.exe error messages often occur during program startup, computer startup or while trying to use a specific function in your program such as printing.
Following are the common error messages which can occur more often:
- Hxtsr.exe Application Error.
- Hxtsr.exe is not a valid Win32 application.
- Hxtsr.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for inconvenience.
- Cannot find Hxtsr.exe
- Hxtsr.exe has not found.
- Error starting program HxTsr.exe.
- Faulting application path: Hxtsr.exe.
These EXE error messages can appear during program installation, while this exe related software program is running during windows installation or startup and shutdown.
The task of keeping track of when and where your hxtsr.exe occurs is a critical piece of information in troubleshooting the problem.
High Disk Usage on hxtsr.exe
High disk usage is another problem which is often faced by the users, it can occur due to the background usage of Microsoft Office or Outlook service. Sometimes it increases the disk usage on an SSD drive, the reason is that sometimes there is an office process working in the background, the fix to this problem follow the following steps:
- Open the Mail application for some time
- Refresh it and them close it.
- Now check the resource monitor.
There is another fix which is by uninstalling the Microsoft Office and then optimizing the whole hard disk and then reinstalling the Microsoft office, the disk usage will surely decrease. Following are the steps to resolve this issue:
- Press Windows key + I and open Update and Security.
- Then click Check for Updates button and wait.
- Windows will automatically show you the updates and the time needed for that.
- Once done, restart the system to take them effect.
- Now, head to control panel and click uninstall programs.
- Right click on Microsoft Office and uninstall it.
- Run a full system scan with an antivirus, if there is none available the use windows defender.
- Turn off the sync options in the mail app.
Many tools are available to fix and repair the errors such as ugetfix.com.
How to Disable hxtsr.exe
There are many reasons for which someone would like to remove or delete the hxtsr.exe file, the one is the consistent problem which is being caused by the hxtsr file or any program associated with it.
There is a virus also which is known to be an Adware virus which also causes problems for users sometimes, antivirus programs tend to mark it as malware even if it is not that virus file but because of its not being the part of the system as it is a compressed file, antiviruses target it due to the ambiguity in names.
Following is the step by step guide on how to remove it completely from the system:
- Press “Windows key + R key” together to open Run or CMD window.
- Input “control panel” in Run window and hit Enter key to open Control Panel
- Click Uninstall a program
- Right-click HxTsr.exe or other unwanted programs and click Uninstall
- Remove HxTsr.exe from Chrome, Firefox, IE and Microsoft Edge.
- On Chrome: Launch up Google Chrome> click Chrome menu > click Tools> click Extension> select HxTsr.exe and unwanted extensions> click trash bin
- To delete HxTsr.exe data from registry, open cmd as mentioned on step 1, input “regedit” and hit enter.
- Locate and remove registry files created by the HxTsr.exe.
How To Resolve The hxtsr Error
(Step by Step Guide)
There are many fixes available to resolve such error.
Following is the step by step guide on how to resolve with this error and cope with certain problems which are being faced by the users:
Solution # 1 To hxtsr Error
This fix is based on the Microsoft Safety Scanner which can be used to check if the “hxtsr.exe” file is an original or a malware file.
- Go to Microsoft’s official website and download the Microsoft Safety Scanner. It is important to download the correct version that is suitable for your computer.
- After downloading, run the installer.
- Wait for the whole installation process to complete.
- Upon a successful installation, simply run the tool to start scanning. The scanner will warn you if a threat will be detected.
- If there is a malware found, it should be removed from your computer immediately.
Solution # 2
Another option is to run Windows System File Checker to scan and fix any corrupted files on your system.
The file checker will replace the corrupted hxtsr.exe file with a new one that is fully function. To do that, you must follow through these instructions:
- Click the start button.
- Type ‘Command’ in the search box then hold Ctrl + Shift together and press Enter.
- Once the permission dialog box appears, click Yes.
- Type sfc/scannow in the command line window then press Enter.
- The tool will now begin scanning your system for any corrupted files.
- Just follow the on-screen commands and wait for the process to be finished.
- After the scan is finished, check to see if the problem has been resolved.
These fixes are great in help, but the user must clean their computer regularly and check for any unusual files or activity on the system.
Specializing In Error Codes & Problem Solving