Hello everyone, today I will tell you what err_unknown_url_scheme means and how you can easily solve it by following simple tricks.
But let me first tell you why this is the case.
What is err_unknown_url_scheme?
Err_unknown_url_scheme is an error that usually occurs when a received application or site does not receive specific information from the device.
In short, the WebView URL project can not be certified.
The error screen can be interrupted by multiple lines of code.
When does err_unknown_url_scheme happen?
- At the time of calling the Android phone number.
- When you try to open a redirected URL.
- Clicking this link creates this error even if it opens a new page.
- This problem can occur in mailto: tel: SMS: e geo: links to an iframe.
- When you try to use OAuth with a custom Chrome card.
What are the reasons for err_unknown_url_scheme?
The err_unknown_url_scheme problem occurs when the Chrome browser web browser does not recognize the err_too_many_redirects URL schema.
For example, Chrome Webview only recognizes http: // and https: // and does not recognize others, for example. For example, buy: //, mail: //, app: //, intention: // and more. .
As far as we know, this problem is temporarily associated with a sudden malfunction or failure and is generally resolved after two or three attempts to reload the page.
If the problem persists, try updating Chrome to the latest version.
How to Fix err_unknown_url_scheme error?
# Solution 1: Temporarily disable Chrome extensions
If you are browsing disguise, disable this feature. If the err_unknown_url_scheme error persists, disable all Google Chrome extensions by following these steps.
- Open a new tab.
- Then, click the gears button in the top right corner of the browser to access the settings.
- Then, click the extension.
- When the extension page opens, try disabling each page and reloading the page using err_unknown_url_scheme to find out which extension is causing the problem and stop the URL from being displayed correctly.
- Reopen the new tab.
- Click the gear button on the right side of the card.
- Then go to “Advanced Settings.”
- Then, click “Clear Browser Data” in your privacy settings.
- When the popup window appears, uncheck all options and click Clear cache and cookies. Then, click “Delete Browser Data.”
After you complete these steps, reload the page with this problem.
# 3rd Solution: Turn off hardware acceleration
Try the first method. If the error still does not resolve, disable hardware acceleration in the Google Chrome browser by following these steps.
Turning off hardware acceleration, you can fix the err_unknown_url_scheme error in Chrome.
- First, open a new tab and on this tab click on the menu to the right of the tab.
- After the menu appears, click “Settings.”
- A new window will appear. Move the cursor down and click on “Advanced Settings.”
- After searching in the system menu.
- In this search, a new window appears again. Use hardware acceleration.
- A pop-up window will turn off that disables the use of hardware acceleration.
After completing these simple steps, try reloading the page that still has a problem.
# Fourth Fix: Disable all firewall programs
Sometimes the problem occurs because of incorrect Windows Firewall configuration.
To do this, you must disable the Windows Firewall. To do this, follow these steps. By disabling antivirus.
You can fix the “err_unknown_url_scheme” error in Chrome.
- Press the key in the keyboard pane or click the Start button in the left corner of the screen to open the menu.
- In the drop-down menu, locate the control panel and click on it.
- A new window will open, displaying numerous checks for the system. In this search, Windows Fire Wall and click it.
- If the software is open, it is turned off.
Then, try reloading the error page.
# Solution 5: Create a new user profile in Chrome
- Exit Chrome completely.
- Type the + E key to open a browser window.
- In the Windows Explorer address bar, type “% LOCALAPPDATA% Google Chrome User Information.”
- Find the “default” folder in the directory pane and change the name to “Default Backup.”
- Next, open Google Chrome again. This creates a new “default folder.”
- Upon request, the information can be transferred from the old user profile to a new one. However, this action is not recommended as some of your previous profiles may be destroyed. To download old favorite files, copy the “Bookmarks.bak” file from the “Backup Backup” folder to the new “Default” folder. After you move, change the “Bookmarks.bak” file name to “Bookmarks” to complete the transition. All other browser data remains in the Backup Backup folder but can not be transferred to the new profile.
I hope one of these solutions fixes the error “err_unknown_url_scheme” on your Chrome. At this point, you can quickly browse Chrome. If the problem persists, try resetting or reinstalling Chrome.
Specializing In Error Codes & Problem Solving