unsecapp.exe is an executable file that can be viewed through the task manager process guide.
It is an actual application that is also known as Sink to receive asynchronous call calls to the WMI client application, which is a part of the Windows operating system versions.
Its size and location may vary from version to version, but never describes anything wrong for your system. However, if the program becomes defective in some way, it begins to deliver so many problematic issues that correct what is really needed.
unsecapp.exe malicious file Trojan Virus Associated With found in the subdirectory of “C: / Program Files / Public Documents.”
This process has no visible windows and even does not exist in the taskbar. Remote criminals develop it with sole intent interested in performing the vicious activity.
It is difficult to detect the files because this ESTA contains no information. However, unsecapp.exe intrude into hidden system files such as the freeware application for, continue to visit that site’s malicious material, click links, open e-mail attachment, etc.
unsecapp.exe existence concerned system hassles. It keeps harmful files inside the background system running and cause unstoppable changes.
Its existence can lead to slow the performance of the PC. In order to get rid of such malicious function, to remove unsecapp.exe suggested.
Unsecapp.exe is a legitimate file that is used by the Windows operating system to ensure that some specific programs to run correctly.
However, many cybercriminals make use of this filename to circulate their own infectious files which once established on a computer starts up and replace the original that causes the system to launch unsecapp.exe errors on the screen.
If such conditions happen to your computer, you would immediately notice the issue of system instability, and PC starts to freeze and hang regularly. This dangerous process elevates other processes to gain administrator rights, and they will begin to control the infected PC.
The unsecapp.exe location changes location depending on the version of the operating system used. This file is probably located in both system32 or c: \ winnt \ system32 files.
In some cases, it is stored in the dllcache directory if it is present on your PC. Since the process name looks very genuine, so it can easily disguise itself.
What is unsecapp.exe?
First of all, let us see what this process is and why it is needed in the system. First, you need to immediately indicate that it is a system one and is in every version of the Windows operating system.
However, you can notice it most often on server versions. The process is responsible for the operation of the WMI program and takes some part in the work of the Winmgmt service.
To understand what exactly unsecapp.exe does, you need to know about WMI. This is an application that provides the user with access to information regarding programs in the system, user accounts, and other similar system components. Simply put, it provides tools for working with user accounts.
How does the unsecapp.exe error work?
The unsecapp.exe infections install your executable on the marked PC in a very secret way.
They copy their loads into the Windows system folders and change the logs simultaneously so that this file runs automatically every time the system boots.
Unsecapp.exe will modify the subkey named HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Run to get initialized at PC startup.
Once it is established, it also connects the workstation to a remote host in order to perform unpleasant tasks such as:
- for arbitrary downloads of harmful files in Backdoor
- to receive coded instructions from your developer
- to get the secret configuration
- to transfer cheated data on the infected PC to the remote server
Some common error messages
- “Unsecapp.exe application error.”
- “Unsecapp.exe is not a valid Win32 application.”
- “Unsecapp.exe. This program is not responding.
- “Error starting the program: unsecapp.exe.”
- “Application path failed: unsecapp.exe.”
- “Unsecapp.exe failed.”
How does unsecapp.exe get inside the PC?
Cybercriminals use multiple means to cycle unsecapp.exe on the target PC. It could come through malicious website hyperlinks, grouping, social engineering spam, peer-to-peer file-sharing networks, email attachments and so on.
It can exploit PC security vulnerabilities and be installed secretly without your knowledge. Another easy way is to attach the burden with spam e-mail campaigns, and cyber-criminals do this a lot.
Such spam emails are designed very cunningly with fake header information giving an impression that mail is coming from some governmental organization, shipping company and so on.
Usually, these emails have so much grammar and misspellings.
At some point, cyber-criminals also promote unsecapp.exe as useful software or a necessary Windows system file. For example, you may notice a fake message asking you to update Java or Adobe Flash Player files, and so on.
Now let’s talk about where the unsecapp.exe process executable file is located in the system. It is necessary to know, if only for the reason that the information will help you to distinguish a virus file from a non-infected file, but more on that later. So, the file directory is as follows: C: \ Windows System32 \ wbem\.
This is where you can discover the genuine unsecapp.exe process. If you do not want to follow this path yourself, opening one folder after another, you can look at the directory in another way:
- In the “Task Manager” go to the “Processes” tab.
- Look for unsecapp.exe and click on it with RMB.
- Click on the “Open file location” option.
After that, the folder in which the file you are looking for will be highlighted.
Problems and Damage Caused by Unsecapp.exe
First, understand that unsecapp.exe is not an unattended infection and instead is bound to bring in so many other malware infections by exploiting the security breaches.
Thus, you will face several online as well as offline performance issues simultaneously and commits to the security of personal data as well. Some of the common problems you may notice are:
- Shows false alerts claiming that your PC is infected with malware
- Prompts victims to click on unpleasant notification hyperlinks to fix problems
- Redirects the website about sponsored dangerous sites
- Blocks access to multiple legitimate programs
- Automatically turns off important processes and records
Most dll files are useful, and they are responsible for smoothly performing predefined functions.
However, there are malicious programs, including malware and browser hijackers that are made from dll files like unsecapp.exe and change important PC settings unnecessarily.
They even allow cyber-criminals to gain access to their workstation.
Let us learn how to remove manually unsecapp.exe
- Open the command prompt window: Press the “Start” button on the taskbar and go to “Run” to start the “run” tool. Type the “cmd” command on it and press the “OK” button.
- Locate the dll files: Once the command prompt window opens, you have to find the exact path as mentioned in the image below. Type “CD” to change the current directory, press the space button, enter the path of the dlll file and press Enter. Use the “dir” command if you want to display the content on the screen.
- Unregister the unwanted dll: After locating the directory where you want to uninstall the dll, type “regsvr32 / u [DLL_NAME]” and press the Enter button.
- Unsuccessful unsubscription: Once the target dll files get unregistered, a confirmation message appears on the screen.
The above mentioned manual steps can fix unsecapp.exe, but there is always a chance that you can not detect it on its own as it is very misleading.
The process is complicated and requires a lot of precision and expertise. So it’s always best to use a powerful anti-malware tool, especially for beginner users.
How to remove a virus
First, we know that unsecapp.exe is a process that is located in the “wbem” folder. Secondly, only genuine programs can be in this folder. On this basis, it can be understood that the unsecapp.exe file cannot be located in any other directory if its location is suspicious, then this is a virus.
To get rid of it, you must first disable unsecapp.exe. How to do this, we now tell:
- Log in to the Task Manager on the Processes tab.
- Locate the infected unsecapp.exe process.
- Right-click and select the file location.
- Right-click again and select “End Process.”
- Go to the folder that appeared before and delete the executable file of this virus.
After that, the threat will be eliminated.
So we figured out everything about the unsecapp.exe process, and before going to the conclusion, I would like to give one piece of advice. After detecting and removing the virus, install a third-party anti-virus program on your computer, and perform a full scan to make sure that no traces remain in the system.
Video on unsecapp.exe
Now you know that unsecapp.exe is a process that, in principle, is necessary only for system administrators. An ordinary user should not interfere with his work. But we must not miss the moment that this process may be a virus. In this case, you must immediately take action to eliminate it.
Specializing In Error Codes & Problem Solving