Probably every user of a personal computer from time to time has to deal with the need to work with photos or pictures.
Of course, on the advanced users’ PC there surely is the famous Photoshop in which you can do any manipulation of the image.
But what about those who do not have this program or who do not know how to use it?
The easiest way out of this situation is to use standard Paint.
It can successfully replace more professional and complex programs.
In this article, you will find answers to questions about how to make a transparent background in Paint, remove or change it to another.
A simple way to change the background
We describe how to change the background in Paint by the method of green screening (that is, the method of “green screen”).
Regardless of whether you want to remove the background image or replace it with a solid fill (pattern), you can do this using the above method.
Note that it describes the background change not in standard Paint, but in Paint.NET, which is not supplied with standard applications, and it needs to be downloaded and installed separately.
Beginning of work
Before you change the transparent background in the Paint Windows 7 program, you should open the image that you will adjust.
This is done by pressing the right key on the file and selecting the corresponding item in the drop-down menu (Open with – Paint).
It should be borne in mind that BMP, JPFG, and GIF are among the compatible formats, it will not work with others.
If the image exceeds the screen size, go to the lower left corner and make an 800 percent increase by clicking on the magnifying glass placed on the toolbar and selecting the number 8.
1.Choosing a color palette and drawing the outline of the image
On the color palette, you should choose yellow-green (also called lime) color. Usually, it is his choice, since a color contrasting with the rest of the pattern is necessary, and the chosen tone is quite rare in images.
After that, with the help of the “Line” tool, the object is selected, which will be cut. If you place the image on a white background.
You can use the “Pencil” to fill in the missing pixels. Thanks to this a wide line of green color will appear around the picture.
Next, you need to click on the lime color with the right mouse button and, using the “Select” tool, outline the background areas of the rectangular color.
Do this carefully, trying not to go to the object. You don’t have to worry about the extra triangles that remain around the contour of the drawing, and they are removed later with the Eraser tool.
By activating it, you must select the smallest of the possible squares in the menu that appears.
After all the manipulations, we get an object, around which there will be a green screen.
If you are interested in how to change the background in Paint, then you need to zoom out the image to 100 percent (1 in the approximation menu) and click on the paint bucket on the panel (Color Fill tool).
Then select the desired color in the palette and click anywhere on the green background. After that, the background will be different.
2.Moving an image to a new background
To move the image to a different background, you need to select the white color in the palette and color the whole lime background using the Fill tool.
After that, Press the key combination “Ctrl + A” – and the second (lower) button it will activate on the pop-up toolbar.
After making sure that the new background has opened in another program window, you need to copy the image (Ctrl + C key combination) and paste it into this second window (Ctrl + V key combination). Work is ready! It remains only to keep it.
When editing detailed images, it will be much easier to work if you bring the image closer. This can be done by selecting the “Scale” sub-item in the “View” menu or simply by pressing the “Zoom” button located on the ribbon.
Note that larger image sizes will take more time to stroke. To reduce the size of the image, press “Ctrl + A” and drag the marker at the bottom left. It is important to observe the proportions so that the image does not turn out distorted.
In work, errors will inevitably arise, and therefore it is necessary to carry out line editing. To be able to undo previous actions quickly, we recommend it to keep your fingers on the key combination “Ctrl + Z.”
If the image has a border in the form of a curve, it is advisable to use the “Curve” tool. To do this, click the corresponding key on the toolbar.
Draw a straight line from the beginning to the end of the border which then needs to be pulled to the left or right, describing the curve.
In order for the greenspring method to work, in Windows 7 Paint you must set a transparent background in the settings for the inserts.
If you do not set this setting, it will add the background from the original image. The insert settings control panel will appear on the left side of the edited image, below the main panel when using one of the selection tools.
If there is a need to transfer any object to another background, then inevitably we have to deal with the question of how to remove the background in Paint.
You can do this:
- using the Magic Wand tool, it selects the background;
- It deletes the selected part using the Delete button or the “Clear Selected” command from the Edit menu, because of which a background appears in the form of a “chessboard,” conventionally showing transparency;
- the resulting image is saved (preferably in PNG or GIF format ), which can later be used at your discretion.
How To Make a Transparent Background in Paint
- Step one. In the “File” menu, select “Open” and, by clicking “Browse,” open the desired image.
- Step two. Before you make a transparent background in Paint, in the toolbar, select the Magic Wand and set its sensitivity to 50 percent. With complex backgrounds, you should set sensitivity at 25-40 percent.
- Step three. It is necessary to click the “Magic Wand” on a white background, which then turns into a pale blue.
- Step Four. It is necessary to delete the background selected in this way by pressing the Delete key on the keyboard or through the Edit menu – the item “Clear selection.”
- As a result, the background will become transparent, although in Paint it will have a checkerboard color. However, this work on how to make a transparent background in Paint does not end there.
- Step five. After all the above manipulations, some areas in the picture will remain white. To make them transparent, you need to repeat the previous steps for them.
- Step Six. The resulting image with a transparent background must be saved by selecting the “Save” item in the “File” menu and specifying the file name, and selecting the required format (PNG or GIF) in the drop-down list.
No Need For Photoshop
We looked at how to make a transparent background in Paint if there is no Photoshop on hand. Despite the apparent complexity, even inexperienced users can handle it.
With due attention and accuracy, the result will not be inferior to the work done in Photoshop.