IAStorIcon.exe is an EXE file developed by the Intel Corporation for Windows Operating System.
Just like the IAStorIcon.exe; EXE short for executable files are files containing step by step instructions which a computer follows in carrying out a function.
Executable files (EXE) are very important for the proper functioning of your computer.
This is because every software application on your computer makes use of one executable file; spreadsheet program, word processor, as well as web browser all rely on EXE.
As a result of their usefulness to your computer, IAStorIcon.exe is used as a mode for delivering malware infections and viruses.
Most times, these viruses are disguised as EXE file distributed through malicious websites or spam e-mail.
Also viruses infect, corrupt and replace existing EXE files. All of these leads to error messages when your IAStorIcon.exe is launched.
We will examine the causes of IAStorIcon.exe errors and seven possible solutions to these errors.
Causes of IAStorIcon.exe Errors
Viruses and malware infections discussed above are among the causes of IAStorIcon.exe errors, others include invalid registry entries, as well as missing or corrupt files.
Below are the causes of IAStorIcon.exe files put more specifically;
- Malware infections or viruses that have corrupted the IAStorIcon.exe file.
- Another program mistakenly or maliciously deleted any IAStorIcon.exe related files.
- Incomplete installation or corrupt download of IAStorIcon software.
- Corrupt Windows registry keys associated with IAStorIcon or IAStorIcon.exe.
- A program being in conflict with IAStorIcon and its referenced files.
These EXE errors usually occur during the computer startup, program startup or when you are using your computer for a specific function.
IAStorIcon.exe errors are usually followed by error messages that appear on your computer. The common IAStorIcon.exe errors that you will likely come across are:
– ”IAStorIcon.exe application error”.
– ”IAStorIcon.exe failed”.
– ”IAStorIcon.exe not found”.
– ”IAStorIcon.exe error on startup”.
– ”IAStorIcon.exe entry point not found”.
– ”IAStorIcon.exe is not running”, and many more.
These messages can appear during Windows startup or shutdown, program installation, or during installation of the Windows OS.
Solutions To IAStorIcon.exe Errors
Below are seven solutions fo IAStorIcon.exe problems.
- Repair Registry Keys Associated With IAStorIcon: Some IAStorIcon.exe problems are related to problems in the Windows registry. This can be as a result of one of two reasons; the one being that several programs can possibly share the same IAStorIcon.exe files, and when some of these programs are uninstalled or changed, invalid EXE registry keys are left behind on the computer. Therefore, while the file path has changed, the former location which is now incorrect is still recorded in the Windows registry. This leads to IAStorIcon.exe errors when your computer is looking up these programs. Malware infections is the second reason for problems with registry keys, as they corrupt the registry associated with IAStorIcon, thereby leaving behind invalid EXE registry entries. The simple solution to this problem is using a registry cleaner, as it will scan and repair all EXE related problems automatically. A backup is created before every scan ensuring that your files are protected. Asides repairing registry errors, registry cleaner also greatly improves system performance and speed.
- Conduct a Full Malware Scan of Your Computer: There is a very high chance that your IAStorIcon.exe error is caused by a malware infection. This is why it is important to have a malware protection program installed. This program will scan your computer to find the malware, and remove it. This will get your IAStorIcon.exe working perfectly, hence your computer up and running again.
- Clean Out System Junk: Your system accumulates junk files overtime from computer use and web surfing. These junk files, when left in the system can cause the IAStorIcon to respond slowly or even cause IAStorIcon.exe errors. This is due to overloaded hard drive as well as file conflicts. Disk Cleanup is the perfect solution to this problem as it cleans up all temporary files and speeds up the performance of the computer, thereby eliminating the problem of IAStorIcon.exe errors.
- Install All Available Windows Update: Microsoft is constantly improving its Windows system files leading to regular updates. These files are associated to IAStorIcon.exe, thereby leading to some problems on update. Resolving a IAStorIcon.exe problem sometimes is therefore as easy as updating your Windows to the latest package.
- Windows System Restore: This feature allows you to revert to previous programs I’m order to solve your IAStorIcon.exe problems. Put simply, System Restore can return your computer programs and files to a time when they were working. This feature does not affect any data, documents or pictures whatsoever. System Restore saves you long hours of repairing IAStorIcon.exe files.
- Update Your Computer Device Drivers: Some IAStorIcon.exe errors are caused by outdated or corrupt device drivers. Device drivers could be functioning perfectly today, and abruptly stop working the next day, leading to errors. All you need to do is update the device driver.
Finding the right device driver for your system, is the only thing to worry, and this can be resolved using DriverDoc.
DriverDoc will update all your PC device drivers, including the ones associated with the EXE error, your computer is experiencing.
Before making changes, DriverDoc ensures that there is backup for your current drivers. It also ensures that the correct drivers for your hardware is installed.
With newly updated drivers, you can unlock new hardware features, as well as improve the performance and speed of your computer.
Re-installation Of Windows
Reinstalling Windows is also a good way to resolve IAStorIcon.exe issues, as it erases everything from your hard drive, giving you a fresh system.
All you need to do is back up your important documents, pictures and data before beginning the reinstallation.
Reinstalling your Windows cleanses your system of junk files that might have accumulated overtime. This thereby eliminates all IAStorIcon.exe errors, you have overtime.
If the IAStorIcon.exe errors persist after trying these solutions, it means the problem is hardware related, and a professional is in the best position to provide solutions at this point.