Recently, very often in the open spaces, you can see how people cannot navigate through any link in the browser, knocks out the error “Could not find the IP address of the site server”.
What should be done in such situations and how to deal with the connection error?
We will understand in more detail. The methods are suitable for Windows 10, 8.1, and 7.
There is nothing more frustrating than opening Internet Explorer on your personal computer and seeing the error message “Can not find the server.”
There are a number of reasons why this may happen, as well as a number of ways to address the resolution of the problem.
The errors of “Unable to find the server” or DNS errors are usually the results of the inability of your computer to establish a bidirectional connection with the Internet.
If you start receiving these error messages after having had a consistent connection with your internet provider, it is likely that the problem is on your computer.
What does the error server IP address could not be found mean?
“Could not find the IP address of the server” – this is a connection failure caused by an error on the user side or problems on the server (hosting) site.
There are many sources of a bug, ranging from the smallest to the most complex, with which you will have to sweat. Main reasons:
- problems with the ISP server
- viruses or antivirus blocking
- banal trash that clogs firewalls
- changed network settings (router, adapter, OS) and so on.
An interesting fact: very often this happened to users who have just deleted Avast or Nod 32.
What to do if you cannot find the server’s IP address
First of all, to understand the reason for the failure, try to access it using another device (phone, tablet).
If the situation does not change, most likely, the matter is in your Internet provider. We recommend not hurrying but waiting.
Perhaps there are problems with the address, and the admin is already fixing them.
If everything is in order from another device, then it is necessary to find a gap in the PC system and immediately fix it.
First, we check:
- Make sure: you may have entered an invalid URL.
- Open the link in another web browser (Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox).
- Clean your cache and cookies. This is done standardly – we press CTRL + H, we are looking for the item “Clear history,” and there will already be a manual for removal.
- Turn off all sorts of extensions and add-ons in the browser. You can do this one at a time, constantly updating the page through CTRL + F5.
- When an error occurs only on one portal, it is possible that technical work is carried out there (peculiar to small sites). Wait for a little, sometimes refreshing the page (F5).
- Try to restart the router (from the outlet – wait 5 minutes – turn it on again);
- Connect not from the router? Go to “Network and Internet Settings” (on the status bar where the time is indicated) and reconnect to the local network.
- Perhaps you had cleaned or downloaded some application before the malfunction occurred. We advise you to reset the network in “Network and Internet Settings” and reboot. In Windows 7 and 8.1, use the elementary program from Microsoft “Fix it.”
- Skip the system through the CCleaner utility. It perfectly cleans and fixes minor bugs.
Some more complex solutions:
- Manually open and view the hosts element. You can find it by following the path: Windows \ System32 \ drivers \ etc. – hosts. Run it through a notebook, and you can safely delete all the contents.
- Turn off Windows Defender. It is necessary to hold down the Win + R button – enter cmd in a new field. In the new window, enter the following characters – netsh advfirewall set allprofiles state off – the command deactivates protection. To restart, you need to enter the same characters, but instead of off write on.
- Also, it is possible to do the same using the “Control Panel.” Go to the firewall properties and mark the “Disable” icons with arrows on Enable or disable the firewall. The firewall can not be turned off entirely if you need it. Or add something to the exceptions.
- Clean the DNS cache with Run (Win + R) and write CMD. Then ipconfig / flushdns.
- The introduction of the commands in the same place will help: “netsh winsock reset” and “ipconfig / registerdns” (without quotes). After all the actions you need to restart the system.
- Disable the proxy embedded in the web browser.
- We start / restart the “DNS client” in “Administration” – “Services” – “DNS client” and click through the RMB – “Run” and select “Automatic”. Same for the DHCP client.
- Go to the “Run,” enter the word there: ncpa.cpl. Log in to your connection (most likely, this is a local connection). Next – select 4 TCP / IPv4 and go to its properties. In the properties, you need to look at what numbers you have entered in the table “DNS-server.” If DNS is obtained automatically, rearrange to manual mode and enter 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 respectively.
- If all else fails, it may be viruses (trojans, backdoors, worms). Reset the hosts and scan the system. To do this, you will need additional software. Remember: antivirus does not see all the viruses. Perhaps it is the one that we are looking for: download AdwCleaner or MalwareBytes. Also, the application from the Dr.Web CureIt anti-virus will help. Open the application and scan the entire computer after detecting malware, clear all contents and reboot.
If the error occurs on the Android phone, we recommend trying to start from a safe mode. If nothing has changed, blame the virus.
Remember, maybe you recently installed the application. Clear the device from unwanted. It can be absolutely any application, even security software.
Clean the software one by one in order not to make a mistake and accidentally remove anything important.
We should also mention the use of VPN-programs, which can also help circumvent such a bug. The fact is that some providers can block certain IP-zones, which causes such a bug.
Sincerely we hope that after this, the error “Could not find the IP-address of the site server” will disappear. If it doesn’t help, you’ll have to demolish the browser altogether.
After that, use CCleaner (registry cleaning) and reinstall the latest version of the explorer.
Keep in mind, always update your browser (Chrome, Opera, Mozilla, Yandex) to the newest version and study the extensions you install in them.
Specializing In Error Codes & Problem Solving